Issues Addressed in This Policy
Uptown Golf respects the following principles when collecting, using, disclosing and protecting your personal information.
- Obtaining Your Consent
- We identify the purposes for collecting personal information at or before the time it is collected.
- We obtain your consent before collecting, using or disclosing personal information, except where permitted or required by law.
- Collection, Use and Disclosure of Information
- We limit the personal information we collect to what is necessary for the purposes we have identified. We collect information only by fair and lawful means.
- We do not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent, or where permitted or required by law. We retain personal information only as long as necessary for these purposes.
- Accuracy and Access to Information
- We take care to keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Upon request, we can provide you with access to your personal information. You can ask how your information is used or disclosed, ensure it is accurate and complete, and can update it if necessary.
- Protecting Your Information
- We safeguard the privacy of personal information using security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Addressing Your Concerns
- We are responsible for the personal information we have under our control. There are designated individuals within Uptown Golf who are accountable for compliance with these privacy principles.
Obtaining Your Consent
We identify why we collect personal information and how we use it.
We collect, use and disclose personal information about you throughout our relationship so we can:
- Establish your identity;
- Identify your person(s) to avoid conflict on the booking calendar;
- Understand your needs;
- Customize your experience;
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Distribute our services to you, and you only;
- Take action against any problems/inquiries that you may have;
- Communicate with you through electronic means; and
- Process your commerce transaction accurately and safely.
If we need your information for any other purpose, we will identify that purpose. We obtain all of your personal information directly from you and through the products and services you use (including extracting your name from credit card purchase). By making a booking at Uptown Golf, you consent to Uptown Golf using your name for display on our booking calendar. Some additional information may be obtained from other sources. For example, with your consent, we may verify some of the information you give us with your financial institution for online billing purposes. Generally, when we obtain information from someone other than you, such as a credit bureau, we record the source of that information.
There are many ways we may obtain your consent. We may obtain your express consent in writing, or through electronic means, including any credit card transaction. Alternatively, your consent may be implied through an action you've taken or when you continue to use the service after we've notified you of a change. In some cases, we are required by law to obtain your express consent, in which case we will ensure that we do so.
Examples of written consent:
- Written — You may sign an application that states, "I agree to the Terms of this Agreement."
- Electronic — You may be asked to electronically acknowledge that you will be bound by legal terms or agree to certain statements. Clicking "I Agree" is your electronic consent.
Examples of implied consent:
To withdraw your consent:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
When you withdraw your consent, we will update your file as quickly as possible. It may take some time for our records to reflect your choice, because many records can only be changed during regular planned updates.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Information
We limit the personal information we collect.
While we collect various types of personal information from you and other sources, we limit the information to what is necessary for the purposes we've identified. The information we ask for depends on the service requested.
Types of personal information we collect
Below are some examples of information we are required to collect to provide our products and services:
- Phone Number for support services
- Valid email addresses and a password for account security
- Confirmation of payment for use of services
Using, disclosing and retaining your personal information
We do not use or disclose personal information for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with your consent. We retain personal information only as long as necessary for these purposes.
We may be compelled to release information by a court or other legal or regulatory authority. If so, our policy is to release information only to the extent that we are required to do so. We may also collect, use or disclose information without consent where permitted by law. For example, we may collect and use publicly available information, such as telephone book listings for marketing or customer service purposes. Furthermore, for legal, medical or security reasons, it may be impossible or impractical for us to obtain your consent before we are required to disclose your information.
The length of time we keep your information will vary depending on the services you purchase and the nature of that personal information. We have retention standards that meet customer service, legal and regulatory needs. For these reasons, we may keep your information beyond the end of your relationship with us. When your information is no longer required, we will securely destroy it or delete personally identifiable information.
Accuracy and Access to Information
We work with you to keep your information accurate.
We take care to keep the information in our records as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is used. However, we also rely on you to tell us when your personal information changes. Note that any customer and/or user who is caught creating or impersonating multiple accounts or identities for the purposes of circumventing any established Uptown Golf decision/process will be automatically banned for a period of one(1) year unless otherwise noted.
Keeping your personal information at Uptown Golf accurate and complete allows us to continue to offer the highest quality service and to suggest products and services that best meet your needs.
On request, and where legally permitted, we'll provide you with the names of outside companies or organizations to whom we've given or may have given your personal information. However, this won't include outside suppliers we've used to do work for us.
Protecting Your Information
How we protect your information.
We limit access to your personal information and store it securely.
In addition to the physical and electronic security devices we use to protect your information, we have security standards to protect our computer systems and your information from unauthorized use or access.
Our systems also protect your information when it is electronically transmitted. We regularly test our information security procedures to ensure that they remain effective and appropriate.
Our outside suppliers sign contracts and agree to other measures in order to maintain the confidentiality and security of your personal information and to prevent it from being used for any unauthorized purpose.
Access to your personal information is only given to those who require it in order to provide our products or services, or where permitted or required by law.
As online privacy practices evolve, we will update the information in the Privacy section of our website.
Addressing Your Concerns
We are accountable for our compliance with this policy
We have procedures in place to assist our employees in complying with this policy, and we comply with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and applicable provincial privacy legislation.
We regularly monitor our procedures and security measures to ensure that they remain effective and that they are being properly administered.
If you have any questions about our policies and practices related to managing your personal information that have not been answered in this Privacy Statement, please let us know so that we can provide further information.
Uptown Golf is committed to providing the highest level of service and treating you with the greatest respect and consideration. Even so, there may be a misunderstanding or times where you may feel you have been dealt with unfairly. Whatever the circumstances, our primary objective is ensuring that your concerns are addressed.
Should you have any concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at email@example.com.
When reading this policy you, should be aware of the meanings we give to the following terms.
When we say "personal information" or "information" it means information about an identifiable individual. For further clarification, see the Collection, Use and Disclosure of Information section above,
When we say "Uptown Golf," "we," "our" or "us," it means each employee of Uptown Golf.
When we say "permitted or required by law," and "legal and regulatory" requirements, authority or restrictions, this includes law, regulation, rules or requests of the regulators or self-regulatory organizations that apply to Uptown Golf.